The first quarry was opened in 1923. The company produced cut stones for carving, refractory stones for stoves, and slabs for tombstones. In 1940, a crushing mill was opened to produce talc powder, which became the main production.
Throughout the following years, owners changed and production became seasonal. In 2000, new owners took possession of the quarry and restarted operations under the name "Les Pierres
The mission of Pierres Stéatites inc. is to extract, cut and transform soapstone to meet the needs of industry and consumers at the national and international level. We extract soapstone to cut it in good sixe to built masonry heater, countertops, sink, shower base, and carving stone.